paused text
Is there any way to remove the paused text when you are watching a video and it says PAUSED in big white text across the screen? It looks nice and I do like it by default but at the same time I would like to remove it. I tried searching on how to do it didn't come up with anything, maybe I used the wrong keywords but I could not find anything. Any tips would be great.
Don't think is possible now (without changing the code of the skin yourself). If you really like this you could request it in this thread:
To-Do List - Something missing? Request it here
its possible but every mod or change require code editing and I doubt a setting will come to just disable the paused text.

you could find the line in the code and remove it or an easier way would be edit the opacity level to transparent in the /colors/ default.xml but i dont know which is the correct one if is there it have to be here
Quote: <!-- OSD -->

<color name="OSDPlayingArtist">ccb10000</color>
<color name="OSDPlayingTrack">FFc89008</color>
<color name="OSDPlayingAlbum">ccb10000</color>
<color name="OSDPlayingPN">aab10000</color>
<color name="OSDDetails">bbffffff</color>
<color name="OSDTime">ccffffff</color>
<color name="OSDProgress">CBc89008</color>
<color name="OSDProgressBar">CBc89008</color>
<color name="OSDStatusBackground">88c89008</color>
<color name="OSDStatus">bbad0909</color>
<color name="OSDPlayingDuration">FFc89008</color>
clearArt Concept
cdArt Concept

*If like, thank user
Quote:<color name="OSDStatusBackground">00c89008</color>
<color name="OSDStatus">00ad0909</color>

This will do the trick, however it will affect the rewind and fastforward display as well.
If you don't care then just change the first two digits of your current theme as such.
or you could replace the word PAUSED with something smaller like this: II

the screenshot is taken from Aeon skin, but you get the idea:
I don't think that looks as good as the paused overlay we have here. I like it the way it is Smile
I love my Mac Mini :;):
Thank you for the responses, I personally think the white PAUSED looks really good as a default, my reason turning it off is I have a lot of home movies. I had some people over the other day and they kept asking me to pause it so they could see who was in the scene and so they could discuss it and whatever else they wanted to do. Anyway the text was in the way so this is really the only reason I want to be able to remove. Thanks again for the tips on how to do so.
I'd also prefer the pause symbol. Already requested it in the requests thread. Alaska is a very minimal skin, so the big text doesn't seem to fit imho.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
paused text0