[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on
Thank you very much for that stacked, Frost made the changes based on you patch.
The realease 1.0.5 is available on the repository passion-XBMC or at http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie....installer

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV
Installer Passion-XBMC: Download and Install Add-ons (pre-Dharma only)

(2012-08-17, 22:28)Temhil Wrote: Thank you very much for that stacked, Frost made the changes based on you patch.
The realease 1.0.5 is available on the repository passion-XBMC or at http://passion-xbmc.org/addons/?Page=Vie....installer

Cool. Wink
OK since I didn't get any reaction of my request on a thread I made. And don't expect any reaction. I ask here my request.
Read this thread Request an add-on to install add-ons from unofficial add-on repositories.
So basically I want to be able to install addons from a repository. From a repository I didn't yet install.
Why I think this would be great. Read this
Could the Repositories Installer Add-on be made this way? What do you think?

Not sure what you asking would be easier to do, even thus the idea is good.
Each repository is different, some are hosting zip files (i.e XBMC official repo), other are hosting tree structure (i.e google base repo) .
The only way to know how to parse those repositories is to download and process the zip file of a repo, so at this stage it is not so much to install it.
A possible issue with such addon:
- what do we do if the user decide to install an addon from repo not installed? We want to be able to get the update so we would need to install it.

Nevertheless if you install the development repo (Passion-XBMC.org Add-ons Frodo-pre) we have on our SVN google: http://code.google.com/p/passion-xbmc/do...ip&can=2&q=
You will have access to the latest version of the repo installer on which Frost is working, and he added functionnalities which I believe would do more of less what you asked for if I am not mistaken.
But watch out it you install this Passion-XBMC.org Add-ons Frodo-pre, because version are more recent on it, that would take over on version available on the offcial Passion-XBMC repo and you would get the latest versions of addons in development but those are:
- only for Frodo(pre)
- development version, so they could be broken

@Klikerko
Some of the features you asked will be also available with the version in progress made by Frost.

Note: with this version not restart of XBMC is required after installing an addon

Repositories Installer: select and install unofficial repositories / TAC.TV: watch videos on TAC.TV

I tested the development version. I see some new things, like accessing the home page of the developer. But unfortunately it doesn't do, what I am requesting. First I want to emphasize this is merely a request. Seeing some of your comments. Did you the read the thread Request an add-on to install add-ons from unofficial add-on repositories ?

A. Each repository is different
(2012-08-24, 20:22)Temhil Wrote: Each repository is different, some are hosting zip files (i.e XBMC official repo), other are hosting tree structure (i.e google base repo) .

Yeah I see, this would make it more complicated. And would work a lot like the xbmc Add-on manager (only without installing all the repositories manually to see the add-ons they contain). However it wouldn't be impossible to make an add-on that does that. Right?

B. How to parse those repositories
(2012-08-24, 20:22)Temhil Wrote: The only way to know how to parse those repositories is to download and process the zip file of a repo.

(2012-08-16, 17:11)tikkiew Wrote: Perhaps we also need to add the link inside the addon.xml from each repo on the Unofficial add-on repositories wiki page?

Yes Temhill. But if we add the link of the addon.xml . This way it would also work. Right? Only the way you mentioned, right now I am thinking that is better.

C. How to get the update of an add-on
(2012-08-24, 20:22)Temhil Wrote: A possible issue with such addon:
- what do we do if the user decide to install an addon from repo not installed? We want to be able to get the update so we would need to install it.

(2012-08-16, 17:11)tikkiew Wrote: 4. And if a users sees a add-on he/she likes to install. It will also install the repo or it looks if you already installed it. And than automatically installs the addon. < Not sure if this is possible.

So of course the repo needs to be installed as well. So when there is an update on the add-on, the xbmc add-on manager updates this for you.
Temhill could you please add this "StreamOn " repository from shawonmq in the repo installer.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57491593/reposi...-1.0.3.zip

thanks
(2012-11-12, 18:32)shaktoo Wrote: Temhill could you please add this "StreamOn " repository from shawonmq in the repo installer.
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/57491593/reposi...-1.0.3.zip

thanks
You can update directly the wiki page, the repository installer will see it automatically.

@tikkiew
Sorry I missed you message. So if I understand correctly, what you would like is to be able to browse the content of a repository without installing it and install from there an addons which would also trigger the install of the repository so you an get the update automatically,
It is a pretty good idea, but some work (because mostly the addons would have to do the same than xbmc for installing an addons), I am not saying no, but I dont have currenlty the time to look at it, hopefully one day.

@Temhil Just read your post. Yeah that's what I mean. Besides browsing, I want to be able to search an add-on an all repositories. Basically same as the xbmc add-ons manager.

I also posted this request on xbmchub months ago. And here they said they are creating a solution for this as well. I don't know if they will finish it. Just FYI. addon overview xbmchubforum
HI EVERY ONE
DID ANY ONE HAVE IDEA ABOUT XBMC TV INTERNATIONAL ON PASSION XBMC BECAUSE IT'S NOT WORKING FOR ME THERE IS ERROR MSG
SCRIPT FAILED VIIDEO PLUGIN, SO ANY HLEP
Hi everybody,

I really NEED HELP !! I have been trying to install LiveStream video plugin on my android device from sd card, it is live streams video plugin zip file and no success at all, than I tried to install repo installer 1.0.5 and no success again, cause android XBMC wont read zip files or any files from sd card, anyone please help !! Thx!!
Dear sir/madam,
I am new to using xbmc am havin problem with finding my repositories when am installin my add on . I dont know what else to do so am seekin yur advise . When I reach as far as clicking on fusion option, then choose video foldder there is usually no folder for repositories listed. How can I rectify this problem. Am using a samsung galaxy s3 new tablet . Please am desperate for some help .
am looking forward for an urgent response.
with the knowledge that u cannrectify my problem so I will be able to enjoy watchin movies with being bumpted off anf buffering sounds. Thank u kindly.
respectfully,
Dianne Thomas.
But my kodi version does not include install repo from zip.can you suggest a way around this so i can install 3rd party addons including yours??
(2017-09-12, 03:13)Biranit Wrote: But my kodi version does not include install repo from zip.can you suggest a way around this so i can install 3rd party addons including yours??

This might help... http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Release] Repositories Installer Add-on1