• 4(current)
Core i3-2100 or A6-5400
(2012-10-12, 00:20)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I think in the car analogy, it's more like buying a car in the first model year it comes out. Some people say to never do it, don't take the risk and let others work out the bugs. Some people don't care, they want the newest and are willing to deal with the newness. It's really no different. Take SandyBridge for instance. Early adopters had the bad SATA port problem. That got fixed. Ivy Bridge there was some heat issue with overclocking. No idea if that's been fixed. If you got in on those early you might have gotten stuck with the issues.

To each their own though. Let's hope it's all good in the long run.

Finally someone who understands what I'm talking about.

+1
(2012-10-12, 00:34)RaggSokk3n Wrote: Finally someone who understands what I'm talking about.
Oh I knew exactly what you were talking about.

Now if I could just figure out what your username is saying.Huh

HTPC: Win 7 Home 64-bit | MB | CPU | GPU | RAM | Case | PSU | Tuner | HDDs: OS, Media | DVD Burner | Remote
Media server: unraid 4.7 | CPU | MB | RAM | Case | PSU | HDDs: Parity-2TB, Data-2x2TB
(2012-10-12, 00:20)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I think in the car analogy, it's more like buying a car in the first model year it comes out.
That is what I meant by "2013 Hyundai Santa Fe". It's brand spanking new from the ground up. It is replacing the Veracruz and current Santa Fe.

(2012-10-12, 00:20)Dougie Fresh Wrote: If you got in on those early you might have gotten stuck with the issues.
In politic, they call it "scare tactic" because we don't know it for sure. In Trinity term; I read at least 5 reviews and I haven't notice any reviews encounter any issue with FM2 socket and driver.

(2012-10-12, 00:20)Dougie Fresh Wrote: To each their own though. Let's hope it's all good in the long run.
All the earlier tests looks promissing, I'm hoping for the best too.....

To me, the price and the spec of the Trinity are right- I might be building an A6-5400K HTPC soon. We're getting a new entertainment center for the new house. I'm waiting to see what case will fit and look good in the new entertainment center.......I wish that I can build it sooner to test it out myself.....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-10-12, 00:06)RaggSokk3n Wrote: Now for the reason companies use lenovo, highest reliability of all oems in the world. Due to all components being proven to work over longer periods of time before they put them in production.
Hmmm, why is my company not using Lenovo? We use Dell instead, because they gave better discount than other brands. I work for the same company for nearly 20 years, and my company is among the biggest electronics company in the U.S. I never encounter any major issue with Dell, and I always have roughly 8 PC's registeres under my name. For nearly 20 years, and I never have any PC die on me either. We replaced it once in a while to keep up with new technologies, and we donated used PC's to school....

I worked with dell (many of them)... mostly the PSU's died.

Last time I worked with them the company ordered 80 new dell systems with the i3 chip in it and 20 of them the motherboard broke down with in the first month.

Dell send us new mobos now they are all good.

I guess it really does not matter what you buy someone has to be the first...

(2012-10-12, 05:44)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 00:06)RaggSokk3n Wrote: Now for the reason companies use lenovo, highest reliability of all oems in the world. Due to all components being proven to work over longer periods of time before they put them in production.
Hmmm, why is my company not using Lenovo? We use Dell instead, because they gave better discount than other brands. I work for the same company for nearly 20 years, and my company is among the biggest electronics company in the U.S. I never encounter any major issue with Dell, and I always have roughly 8 PC's registeres under my name. For nearly 20 years, and I never have any PC die on me either. We replaced it once in a while to keep up with new technologies, and we donated used PC's to school....

I'm going to try not to be rude, but you might want to show this to your boss:
Avrage lifetime: (laptops)
HP - 6 months (0,5 years)*
Packard bell - 18 months (1,5 years)
Acer - 24 months (2 years)*
Samsung - 24 months (2 years)**
Dell - 30-36 months (2,5-3 years)
Mac(Apple) - 42-48 months (3,5-4 years)
Lenovo(IBM) - 60 months (5 years)***
(For desktops you can usualy add 2-3 years to all of them)
*Buisness models have 36 months lifetime
**Hasn't been around long enought to give accurate lifetime just yet.
***Only goes for "Think"-series

Now, only a sucker pics anything else than Lenovo. Or to explain it in cars - you don't buy a Peugeot(Dell) for Volvo/VW (Lenovo) money. It's all about not going for the exciting 100 buttons on the dashboard, and do the sencible long therm choise instead.

You've got to look at all decisions for "normal" people at a financial point of view.
We nerds think; "oh, awsome the benchmarks are insane!"
Normal people think; "how much time and money in long term?". I belive that's why most people in here(including you) recomend G530/G640. Smile
(2012-10-12, 09:26)Beer40oz Wrote: I worked with dell (many of them)... mostly the PSU's died.

Last time I worked with them the company ordered 80 new dell systems with the i3 chip in it and 20 of them the motherboard broke down with in the first month.

Dell was excellent 10 years ago, sadly they are no longer competitive price/quality wise.
Their service is quite good though Smile

(2012-10-12, 09:26)Beer40oz Wrote: I guess it really does not matter what you buy someone has to be the first...
Yeah, and all I'm saying is that maby nerds/enthusiast should take those bullets. - And when the first bullets have been taken we start recomending it.
(2012-10-11, 00:27)RaggSokk3n Wrote: wrong wrong wrong... wrong wrong wrong
all gpus on today's market are unable to play a perfect 24hz

I never said it was perfect Big Grin
(2012-10-11, 19:33)bluray Wrote: This is a sweet fanless Trinity.....

It's nice but overpriced. It also has a lot of wasted space inside. Not to mention the "fins" on the left are completely unused, not touched by the heatpipes.

I also read a review of this case on silentpcreview, the 65W Intel version ran a little bit hot for my liking, 35W was great. Unfortunately, AMD don't make desktop 35W Angry

Despite the negatives, I was thinking of getting this - replacing my blu-ray player. I have a lot of blu-rays however, including a few 3D. I would like to run XBMC + Emulators + Blu Ray in this.
(2012-10-12, 09:26)Beer40oz Wrote: I worked with dell (many of them)... mostly the PSU's died.

I guess it really does not matter what you buy someone has to be the first...
Not single Dell die on me for nearly 20 years.....combines all the dell I used at home and work for nearly 20 years, it's roughly 30 plus Dell's.....

The only dead Dells I've worked on were from a local school. They were these slimline models with a proprietary power supply that once caked with dust overheated and died. Otherwise every Dell, Gateway and IBM/Lenovo I've ever had have been solid performers and outlived their usefulness.

(Shhhh.... don't tell all the Apple fanboys but Foxconn makes all their stuff)

YMMV.
(2012-10-12, 11:56)RaggSokk3n Wrote: Dell - 30-36 months (2,5-3 years)

Now, only a sucker pics anything else than Lenovo. Or to explain it in cars - you don't buy a Peugeot(Dell) for Volvo/VW (Lenovo) money. It's all about not going for the exciting 100 buttons on the dashboard, and do the sencible long therm choise instead.

Dell was excellent 10 years ago, sadly they are no longer competitive price/quality wise.

Yeah, and all I'm saying is that maby nerds/enthusiast should take those bullets. - And when the first bullets have been taken we start recomending it.
With civil disagreement and discussion, I never consider you being rude......don't be afraid to speak your mind....Wink

We have very good track record with Dell and we got the best deal from them......roughly 30 plus Dell's registered under my name all these years, I never have any Dell die on me.....Nod

(2012-10-12, 12:33)tutu Wrote:
(2012-10-11, 00:27)RaggSokk3n Wrote: wrong wrong wrong... wrong wrong wrong
all gpus on today's market are unable to play a perfect 24hz

I never said it was perfect Big Grin
(2012-10-11, 19:33)bluray Wrote: This is a sweet fanless Trinity.....

It's nice but overpriced. It also has a lot of wasted space inside. Not to mention the "fins" on the left are completely unused, not touched by the heatpipes.

I also read a review of this case on silentpcreview, the 65W Intel version ran a little bit hot for my liking, 35W was great. Unfortunately, AMD don't make desktop 35W Angry

Despite the negatives, I was thinking of getting this - replacing my blu-ray player. I have a lot of blu-rays however, including a few 3D. I would like to run XBMC + Emulators + Blu Ray in this.
It looks so sexy in this "Finished Looks" review that I couldn't stop staring at the photos.....

Some more reviews and the 65w CPU's were mostly used in the case-
-StreaCom FC5 Evo Case Review
-Streacom FC5 Silent HTPC Chassis
-Streacom FC5 OD Fanless HTPC Case
-Verdict

You can get one from here- HTPC-FC5-OD-Black. Slim HTPC aluminum chassis

(2012-10-12, 17:07)bluray Wrote:
(2012-10-12, 11:56)RaggSokk3n Wrote: Dell - 30-36 months (2,5-3 years)

With civil disagreement and discussion, I never consider you being rude......don't be afraid to speak your mind....Wink

We have very good track record with Dell and we got the best deal from them......roughly 30 plus Dell's registered under my name all these years, I never have any Dell die on me.....Nod

Just setup 800 lenovo laptops at a insurance company, 800 computers 5 DOA. These were 400$ computers so that alone is quite impressive. They replaced the previous 10 year old perfectly working lenovo desktops Smile
About 4 years ago the company I work for bought over 1000 Latitude 520 laptops and over half had an SATA controller problem and were replaced by Dell.

We have now refreshed our laptops with Lenovos and not had a single failure.

David
HTPC1: Intel Pentium G620, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6570, Samsung 830 SSD, Silverstone GD05 case.
HTPC2: AMD Athlon II X2 255, 4GB RAM, AMD HD5450, Western Digital HDD, Silverstone ML03 case.
HTPC3: AMD E350, 4GB RAM, AMD HD6310, OCZ Agility 3 SSD, Akasa Crypto case.
Media Server: i3-3220, 8gb RAM, WHS 2011, 8tb capacity, Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 case.
RaggSokk3n/DavidT99-
Good luck to both of you with your office Lenovo PC's......

Thank you for your suggestion. We are fine with Dell desktop's and laptop's all these years, and we'll continue to do business with Dell. I am currently have 7 Dell desktop's and 2 Dell laptop's. It's G530/i3/i5 PC's. I haven't had any issue with it so far, and it is newly refreshed earlier this year. Most of the PC's are on 24/7. The models it replaced were still running fine too, but we replaced it to stay up to date with new technologies. We formated and donated the used PC's.....
Can we get this thread back on track? Tongue
(2012-10-12, 18:17)bluray Wrote: You can get one from here- HTPC-FC5-OD-Black. Slim HTPC aluminum chassis

Looks great, but if they put the USB ports on the left hand side they could have saved probably a couple of inches
  • 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Core i3-2100 or A6-54000