New build or rebuild?!
My parents have came over and seen XBMC running on my tv,and of course now they want something simliar!

looking at getting a Streacom F7CB case(with the internal ir),i have a spare pico 120w psu.

Really i am looking to the most powerfull but silent build?

I am running a intel GT620T with a Zotac gt430...am i likely to get similar performance with intregated graphics? would love to use the pico etc

With thanks as always.
(2012-10-24, 21:30)newtothis Wrote: My parents have came over and seen XBMC running on my tv,and of course now they want something simliar!

looking at getting a Streacom F7CB case(with the internal ir),i have a spare pico 120w psu.

Really i am looking to the most powerfull but silent build?

I am running a intel GT620T with a Zotac gt430...am i likely to get similar performance with intregated graphics? would love to use the pico etc

With thanks as always.
You should be able to playback everything with one of this low power AMD A8-5500 (AMD HD 7560D iGPU) or Intel i3-3225 (Intel HD4000 iGPU) CPU......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
i3 3225 is awesome Smile
(2012-10-24, 22:41)RaggSokk3n Wrote: i3 3225 is awesome Smile

Thanks for the advice guys,going to go for the i3 3225 using the pico 120w psu maybe put a slot loading blu ray too

Any suggested motherboards?

Going to order today hopefully and build this baby at the weekend!
I've had good luck so far with the ASUS P8H77-I. However, I think you need to look at what's compatible with the Streacom case you want.
(2012-10-25, 15:02)Dougie Fresh Wrote: I've had good luck so far with the ASUS P8H77-I. However, I think you need to look at what's compatible with the Streacom case you want.

I am thinking of buying the ASUS P8H77-I for a server... Wink
Looking at the Gigabyte SKT-1155 H61N-USB
Which would fit the case ok, With just a ssd and the board..no expnasion cards..is the 120 pico going to be ok?

With much appreciation
(2012-10-25, 11:06)newtothis Wrote:
(2012-10-24, 22:41)RaggSokk3n Wrote: i3 3225 is awesome Smile

Thanks for the advice guys,going to go for the i3 3225 using the pico 120w psu maybe put a slot loading blu ray too

Any suggested motherboards?

Going to order today hopefully and build this baby at the weekend!
ASRock Z77E-ITX.....

Hi all,

Decided to go for the ASRock Z77E-ITX! Fits in the streacom case perfect,and the pico just fits in,however i am stuck!!
Got everything in the case,press the power button,fans spin,usb mouse lights up,but no picture...this is through hdmi

Am i right in thinking,only dvi is enabled straight out the box?

With thanks

newtothis!
(2012-10-27, 17:44)newtothis Wrote: Hi all,

Decided to go for the ASRock Z77E-ITX! Fits in the streacom case perfect,and the pico just fits in,however i am stuck!!
Got everything in the case,press the power button,fans spin,usb mouse lights up,but no picture...this is through hdmi

Am i right in thinking,only dvi is enabled straight out the box?

With thanks

newtothis!
Did you plug in the 4/8-pin CPU power connector located near the CPU socket? Did you verify that all memory modules are fully inserted? Have you tried booting with just one stick of RAM installed?

Come to think of it, your mobo has 8-pin CPU power connector and your Pico might come with 4-pin connector only. If it is the case, you have two choices-

1. Connect the 4-pin connector along Pin 1 and Pin 5
2. You can buy the correct adapter for 8-pin connector- 6in 4 Pin to 8 Pin EPS Power Adapter with LP4 - F/M

Hi Bluray,

I have checked all of those and still get the same result,looking at the eternet port lights up too! just no display with hdmi...which in my genius is the only lead i have now!

Thank you for the suggestions!
(2012-10-27, 18:20)newtothis Wrote: Hi Bluray,

I have checked all of those and still get the same result,looking at the eternet port lights up too! just no display with hdmi...which in my genius is the only lead i have now!

Thank you for the suggestions!
How many pin is CPU power on your mobo? You might want to reread my post #10 again.....

oops didnt see that another bit! tried it just on pin 1-5 (4 pin on pico,fans but no display) dug out a old power supply,boots fine! Thinking

1) the pico 120w has bit the dust
2) 120w isnt enough power!

(2012-10-27, 18:43)newtothis Wrote: oops didnt see that another bit! tried it just on pin 1-5 (4 pin on pico,fans but no display) dug out a old power supply,boots fine! Thinking

1) the pico 120w has bit the dust
2) 120w isnt enough power!
The CPU power connector and RAM are the two major causes for not boot up. I'm glad that my suggestion helped you located the root cause.....good luck with everything else.....Nod

Would a 160w pico be ok for this? i have made a huge error working out the power supply?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New build or rebuild?!0